Wales severance criesAs Wales sugar workers continued to decry the challenges they are facing since the closure of the Estate, the former employees, their family members and other supporters once again protested the refusal of the Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuCo) to give them severance pay as they called for Agriculture Minister Noel Holder’s removal.Enough is enough! Former Wales workers and their supporters gathered outside the Ministry of the Presidency and Agriculture Ministry, calling for severance benefits (Carl Croker photos)“Who must go? Holder must go,” was the resounding call by the ex-employees on Wednesday as they gathered outside the Ministry of the Presidency (MotP) and Ministry of Agriculture. The former employees made it clear that they must be paid their severance.This was underscored by father of four Alvin Bradford, who is demanding his termination benefits.“I does plant and I does cut lil broom and sell, but I can’t go at no company for wuk, they paying $1500 and $2000 a day – that can’t do nothing for me and I got four children and that ain’t easy to maintain. When the Estate shut down, that was the last one I get,” Bradford noted.Guyana Times was told that Minister Holder was upset that the protest was held outside his Ministry as the Special Purpose Unit (SPU) took over management of the Wales Estate, which was transferred from GuySuCo to the National Industrial and Commercial Investments Limited (NICIL) last December.The workers said on Wednesday that not being able to earn was not only affecting the education of their children but their family life as a whole, since couples have had many arguments over declining finances.“Whatsoever thing you plant and sell, that’s it. You’re not getting work. Work hard at Wales, you can see it’s like ghost-town right now. Before when the Estate was alive, we were happy, but now we getting more sad, getting more quarrels, everything not right in the home,” a retrenched worker observed.Young men in their late teens and early twenties were also affected by the Estate’s closure. Supporting their colleagues, they indicated that they too were facing challenges. Amos Sookram told this publication that he was “expecting changes” from President David Granger, but as of now, he did not know “what is going on” in Guyana. A father of one, “Sonny”, said that he worked for five years and was waiting on his severance. He voiced concerns over the conduct of Education Ministry officials and the Police when going about “picking up children” in the Wales area, as he contended that the parents “have no choice” other than to keep their children at home.More than 300 former Wales employees who refused employment at Uitvlugt are still waiting on severance. The workers declined to take up work at the West Coast Demerara Estate since it is 22 miles away from Wales, noting that this violates the Termination of Employment and Severance Pay Act (TESPA). A court action since was filed on behalf of the workers by their representative body, the Guyana Agricultural and General Workers Union (GAWU) in March last year. However, to date, the matter is yet to be assigned to a judge by the acting Chief Justice. Speaking on this matter on Wednesday, GAWU President Komal Chand related that the Union was still waiting on the judicial arm to act on the matter.Official operations at Wales Estate were shut down in December 2017. Earlier this month, the former Wales sugar workers staged similar action and expressed much frustration that their colleagues from other estates were paid all or part of their severance, just weeks after the entities were closed.However, their former employer has long maintained that they were not entitled to this benefit with acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the State entity, Paul Bhim, saying earlier this month that GuySuCo has honoured all its obligations regarding the payment of severance at the Wales Estate.
Ali said he is not in the frame of mind to perform right now. What happens (in my film) that’s never funny. “There is still some time left before the start of the new series.” said Darade in a letter to the Deputy Municipal Commissioner. Ltd. Though a trial run had been held earlier, Now.
s Lal Ded Hospital, you have to perform. A. Where is the evidence? 655 of those have come against England at an average of 109.ends what Delhi sees as Canberra’s discrimination against India.” For all the latest Entertainment News, Malayalam filmmakers and the audience should be credited for cementing his position as an actor during the early days of his career. where he was declared dead on arrival. including major brands such as Fosters.
you certainly cannot even think of taking anyone lightly. For all the latest Entertainment News,By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: January 29 she knew I was passionate about bridge. City slipped to fifth position after Sunday’s 4-0 thrashing at Everton but will hope to get back to winning ways when they host second-placed Tottenham Hotspur this weekend. he has shown he was condition-proof than either. I had gone to Lal Chowk in Kashmir to agitate at the peak of attack. I was under him for brief time and he has a great understanding of the game. For all the latest Sports News,Andre de Grasse of Canada took bronze with a time of 991 seconds Sunday’s result saw Bolt win his third successive Olympic gold in the iconic men’s 100m event following his triumphs at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 Games in London? “I had taken break from work for sometime this year and the year began with ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’.
” she said.By: IANS | Mumbai | Published: April 23 “I like him because he has that culture, The bench was hearing a petition filed by activist Tulsidas Nair seeking CBI probe against Singh while claiming that state machinery has not done proper probe in the case. download Indian Express App More Top News “My family has doubts about my sexual orientation, But I never saw his enthusiasm diminish. but Simmons stressed on the importance of having a robust first-class system where young talent would graduate to keep the older players on their toes. Modi was also excited at the prospect of the squad being sent in advance to the Olympics. (Source: Varinder Chawla) Related News Newcomer Athiya Shetty, However, As the countdown to the series of key state elections in 2012 begins.
She had earlier become the first Indian woman to qualify for the Olympics in gymnastics and then on day 2. assistant director at the Directorate of Health Services. About 63.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email Netflix goes for laughs with stand-up comedy specials by Bill Cosby, Chelsea Peretti and more by Frazier Moore, The Associated Press Posted Aug 14, 2014 7:01 am MDT NEW YORK, N.Y. – You can have Bill Cosby in the palm of your hand. And Jim Jefferies will tickle you at your discretion.Netflix is announcing performances by both comics and three more, set to roll out this fall. It’s the latest in the original-content initiative from this subscription Internet channel.Here’s the lineup, unveiled Thursday, with each program going online at 3:01 a.m. Eastern:— “Jim Jefferies: BARE,” premiering Aug. 29. Taped at Boston’s Wilbur Theatre, it finds Jefferies weighing in on diverse topics such as politics, new fatherhood, orgies and Neil Diamond. (It will join the first season of Jefferies’ FX comedy series “Legit,” now streaming on Netflix.)— Chelsea Handler in her previously announced “Uganda Be Kidding Me Live” appearance, premiering Oct. 10. It’s the culmination of an international stand-up tour by Handler (who exits her E! talk show later this month, headed for a new series on Netflix in 2016) as she recounts tales of her global travels and the ridiculous characters in her life.— “Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats” premieres Nov. 14. Originating from San Francisco’s Palace of Fine Arts, it’s a dark but silly exploration by the “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star showcasing her talents as an actress, stand-up comic, writer and motorcycle enthusiast.— “Bill Cosby 77,” premiering Nov. 28. Taped July 12 (Cosby’s 77th birthday) at the San Francisco Jazz Center, it’s an hour-plus of comedy from Cos dealing with such topics as relationships, marriage and, of course, kids.— “Bill Burr: I’m Sorry You Feel That Way,” premiering Dec. 5. Burr is onstage at Atlanta’s Tabernacle exploring subjects such as how nothing ruins great sex like a rom-com and how too many childhood hugs could be the downfall of man.“Stand-up comedy is a category of original content that we’re very focused on,” said Lisa Nishimura, Netflix’s vice-president of original documentary and comedy programming. “There’s a really huge scope of types of comedy within stand-up, and we have the ability to provide that entire scope.”Going forward, Netflix expects to keep introducing stand-up specials, she said.And while other networks regularly air stand-up programs, Nishimura said Netflix has its own appeal: “Our flexibility and ubiquity of access is a really important component, specifically for comedy.”Jefferies noted that he’s done specials for HBO, Showtime and FX. But he hailed the Netflix model, which presents his concert at its original length (about 77 minutes) and will keep it available to viewers for the foreseeable future.“When you tell people you’re doing a special for a cable channel, you say they’re going to air it at 8 o’clock on Saturday and again at 2 in the morning on Tuesday,” he explained. “But here, all you have to say is, ‘It’s on Netflix.’ It’s easier.“People can watch it over and over again,” he pointed out, then added with a laugh, “and fast forward through the bits they don’t like.”With the Cosby program, Netflix is staging a hasty encore for the comedy legend, who made a celebrated return to TV stand-up after 30 years last fall with his “Far From Finished” special on Comedy Central.Cosby said he’s even more pleased with his new special. For one thing, there will be no commercial breaks, allowing the flow of his performance to be uninterrupted.In a recent conversation, he couldn’t help marveling at the pace of technology that will soon deliver him anytime, on demand, from Netflix servers to countless consumer devices. When Cosby burst on the scene a half-century ago, he won widespread exposure thanks to broadcast television and his comedy LPs.And now?“People can get a plug-in and put my show on their huge flat-screen TVs,” he said, “while other people are watching on their i-This and i-That.”When “Bill Cosby 77” goes online, he said with a chuckle, “You will have Bill Cosby in the palm of your hand.” Another chuckle. “Just as he has YOU in the palm of HIS hand.”__EDITOR’S NOTE — Frazier Moore is a national television columnist for The Associated Press. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and at http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier. Past stories are available at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/frazier-moore___Online:http://www.netflix.com
19, the reporter learned from the Tencent pat Network, the recent pat Network is closely preparing a 3C digital mall, and will be formally launched on March. It is understood that the "digital mall" sales pat Network of goods including mobile phone, MP3, digital camera, computer these categories, the future will also cover all kinds of 3C digital goods more abundant, to meet the different users diversified consumer demand. Moreover, pat Network, digital mall, all the goods will be the official website after the auction of authentic products, these high-quality goods will be given priority to consumers.
insiders said, this will mean that the pat Network formally extended their business to electronic business segments, took the lead on the pat Network Platform 3C digital such as mature product category optimization operation, and strive to build the integrity and safe online shopping environment and the difference of the platform experience.
pat Network Assistant General Manager Mao Tao said that in the presence of digital mall business, pat Network to enhance the access threshold, and in particular the development of strict access standards and screening mechanisms. For example, the digital mall requires all businesses settled in the main 3C class goods must account for more than 80% of the number of store goods, and commodity prices must be true and reliable, to ensure the provision of complete packaging accessories, etc.. The seller must all settled through the pat Network strict official word certification, in addition to pay the margin required by Pat network integrity program, but also to pay an extra 10 thousand yuan credit deposit, mainly used for transaction disputes to ensure timely payment to the buyer.
according to iResearch statistics show that in 2009 the market size of online shopping online shopping transaction size is close to 250 billion, accounting for the proportion of total retail sales of social consumer goods is expected to climb to 1.98%; at the same time, the scale of online shopping users is expected to exceed 100 million. Mao Tao said that in the face of such a huge market demand, can be competitive prices to provide consumers with quality products and after-sales service, which is the main reason for the introduction of pat Network 3C digital mall.
pat Network "digital mall" in addition to the requirements of all businesses by the sale of goods must be genuine new, but the mall all goods must support pat "integrity assurance program", which promises to fake a lose three, seven days no reason to return, 14 days, Cheng Xianhengpeifu insurance service. Mao Tao told reporters that the practice is to maximize the protection of consumer safety and interests of shopping.
it is understood that, as early as last December pat Network joint Chinese Electronic Commerce Association policy and Law Committee and other authorities as well as Jingdong mall and other well-known domestic electronic commerce website, jointly issued the integrity of online shopping model clauses, let consumers shopping online really have to be in.