Twitter WhatsApp Facebook Senator Maria ByrneA ‘DO Not Drink’ notice that was imposed on a section of main in the Rosbrien area of Limerick City has now been lifted following consultation with the HSE.This notice was imposed when excess levels of aluminium were recorded on the scheme late last week.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up It affected approximately 40 households along the Rosbrien Road, near the Old Crescent Rugby Grounds.“All affected customers can now resume normal use of their water supply,” a spokesman for Irish Water told the Limerick Post.“Irish Water and Limerick City and County Council worked throughout the weekend to resolve the issue. Scouring of the network in the area was carried out and further sampling was undertaken. Following this, the HSE was consulted and it was agreed to lift the notice.”Bottled water was distributed to affected households over the weekend while the notice remained in place.Fine Gael Senator Maria Byrne says residents in the area are concerned about how long they have been drinking contaminated water.“I put this question to Irish Water who have informed me they carry out regular checks on mains they maintain and it’s not that long since the last test. This time when they found large levels of aluminium they brought in the HSE for advice who decided it was better for the residents not to drink the water or use it for food preparation.“It is important that every step is taken to sort this matter and make sure that the water is safe. This is a health risk and action needs to be taken immediately,” Senator Byrne commented.Irish Water apologised for any inconvenience to customers as a result of this issue and thanked them for their patience as they worked to resolve it.“We will continue to monitor the supply to ensure that the matter is fully resolved and that the water remains safe to drink. Further information and additional advice for customers is available on www.water.ie or by calling the Irish Water Customer Care Helpline on 1850 278 278. Confirmation of the lifting of the Do Not Use notice will be sent to all affected customers.” NewsEnvironmentConcern over contamination of Rosbrien water supplyBy Alan Jacques – September 5, 2018 1351 Print Linkedin Email Previous articleWatch: There’s “something about Limerick” – Chieftain Paddy Moloney ahead of UCH’s 25th anniversary Gala ConcertNext articleAll-Ireland song puts Simon in Clover Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Advertisement
Victor ‘Nazgul’ Goosens, Team LiquidThe latest company to partner with the multi-regional organisation Team Liquid is Ballistix Gaming.For those who don’t know, Ballistix creates PC ‘performance memory’ products focused on the needs of high end gaming. As such, Liquid’s rosters across StarCraft, League, Hearthstone, CS:GO, Dota 2, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros., Street Fighter, Halo, and Overwatch will all directly benefit from the sponsorship. Victor ‘Nazgul’ Goosens, Founder and Co-Owner of Team Liquid, said of the news: “I’m thrilled to announce Team Liquid’s brand new sponsorship with Ballistix. After their sponsorship of the Blizzcon 2016 Heroes of the Storm champions, Fnatic, and other top esports teams, it is clear Ballistix are serious about esports.“Micron produces high-quality, reliable, performance DRAM and their memory products will assist our organisation by supplying our players with the best of the best. We’re really excited to take this opportunity to show this tech giant the value of our scene. Ballistix joins the likes of Monster, HyperX, NeedForSeat, crunchyroll, Alienware, Razer and more as sponsors of the team. Goosens also discussed his work with Ballistix Global Gaming and Esports Marketing Manager Patrick “ESVDiamond” Soulliere II. He noted: “Exactly five years ago, we worked together on bringing TaeJa to our organisation. His read on TaeJa’s potential played a crucial role in adding him to Liquid, and the rest became history with TaeJa becoming one of the most successful esports athletes of all time. It is exciting to work with a friend again, especially someone so attuned to the industry and I’m confident that we will make this a successful and lasting sponsorship.”Soulliere also gave some comment: “Ballistix is eager to announce the addition of Team Liquid to our global portfolio of gaming team sponsorships. Team Liquid is one of the premier teams in the esports industry, and we are thrilled to provide their players with our high-performance Ballistix memory products. In the world of professional gaming, performance is king – Ballistix memory delivers the performance Team Liquid players need to win world championships.”Esports Insider says: Another native esports sponsorship for Team Liquid. These types of partnerships are great business for both parties with the players supplied with high end gear and the resulting promotion of said gear to Liquid’s legions of fans around the world for Ballistix.
Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:21Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:21 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow to buy your first home01:21Satisfy sweet tooth cravings at this Cairns beaches home, a property by the award-winning Shane Pratt Homes. The luxurious and contemporary home at 4 Torokina St, Trinity Beach was built with style, functionality, and tropical ambience in mind. It was listed on the market with Ray White Cairns Beaches and agent Simon Batt said “there was every flavour of ice cream” growing in the backyard. 4 Torokina St, Trinity Beach is for sale with Ray White Cairns Beaches.“The amazing thing about this property is that it’s got a real abundance of fruit trees,” he said. “There’s everything from mangosteen, to lime, lemon, guava, mango, pomegranate, lychee and even coffee. “It’s like Rusty’s markets, it’s got a tree for everything.”He said the elevated property sat on a 1150 sqm block and offered “beautiful” views of the MacAllister Range, one of the many reasons he expected a lot of interest. “It’s got a really lovely entertaining area outside at the back and you can sit there and just look at the mountain ranges. There’s also a resort-style pool. 4 Torokina St, Trinity Beach is for sale with Ray White Cairns Beaches.More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms2 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns2 days ago“Torokina St is probably one of the most prestigious streets in Trinity Beach, very sought after.”He said there inside the recently renovated house were four large bedrooms, paired with two bathrooms, a formal lounge room and a media room, powered by a 6.6kw solar panel system on the roof. “The brand new chef’s kitchen includes new lighting and quality appliances and there is fresh paint throughout the house,” Mr Batt said. “With a peaceful entertainment area outside, it’s an impressive family home that ticks all the boxes. “It’s close to everything; walking distance to school, walking distance to the shops and only a five-minute drive to the Smithfield Shopping Centre.”
Washington: The White House has said that Chinese tech giant Huawei will remain banned from developing its 5G wireless networks in the US, although US firms will be allowed to sell small components such as chips to the Chinese company. In an interview with CNBC on Tuesday, the White House’s trade advisor, Peter Navarro, announced that the Donald Trump administration will continue to prohibit Huawei from marketing its 5G Internet technology in the US, which Washington fears the company may use to spy for the Chinese government, Efe news reported. Also Read – Spotify rolls out Siri support, new Apple TV app The US policy toward Huawei has not changed and will not change, Navarro said. “All we’ve done basically is to allow the sale of chips to Huawei and these are lower tech items which do not impact national security whatever.” “Selling chips to Huawei, a small amount of chips – less than $1 billion a year – in the short run is small in the scheme of things,” Navarro said. He said that Trump is committed to making the US the leader in the race to develop 5G technology, building companies like Nokia and Ericsson in Europe to contribute to the process. Also Read – New Instagram tool to help users spot phishing emails Currently, Huawei is very popular in Europe and is leading in the fight for control of 5G wireless networks which will enable users to surf the Internet much more quickly and could facilitate the development of self-driving vehicles, techniques for performing surgery by remote control and other procedures that it now puts within reach. In the face of that, the US is leading a global campaign to prevent Huawei from developing 5G technology and has been pressuring the European Union to restrict the firm’s activities. At the recent G20 summit in Osaka, Japan, Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping agreed on a trade truce whereby Washington held off on imposing new tariffs on Chinese goods and agreed to allow US companies to sell products to Huawei. To date, few details have been revealed about the measures that Washington will take vis-a-vis Huawei and, in fact, the Treasury Department still must decide if it will lift the ban it imposed on the company in May which prevents it from using US components. Specifically, the Treasury in mid-May included Huawei on a black list preventing US firms from selling original components – that is, computer chips – to it without prior administration approval, given the suspicions that China’s leader in developing next-generation 5G Internet technology could use those systems for espionage. The negotiations between Beijing and Washington to resolve their trade war have resumed and “We’re headed in a very good direction,” Navarro said. “It’s complicated, as the president said, correctly, this will take time and we want to get it right. So let’s get it right.” “This is a very complicated process,” Navarro said. “We had a deal that was over 150 pages long with seven different chapters” at the time the negotiations stagnated, which is still “the basis now for moving further forward.”