Electric Shock Put 2 Lives in Danger

first_imgThe heroic attempt by nineteen year old Edward Grimes, popularly known as Trokon, to remove live electric wires from his unconscious boss, Charles Swaray, yesterday ended in tragedy, when both men were rushed to the JFK Medical Center.Grimes, a former student of the Newport Junior High School, was also unconscious when neighbors rushed him to the JFK, eye-witnesses told the Daily Observer.Charles Swaray, 28, of Warren Street, a father of two girls and a boy, is the owner of a power generator for his cold water business, neighbor Robert Garway told the Daily Observer. Garway said “Swaray was busy in the room and was apparently trying to make an electric connection. “I was in the yard, along with several others when we heard Swaray shout, ‘my people your come ooh!’ So we made attempts to enter the room where he was, to see what was going on. “When we got to the door, it was locked and we realized that he had fallen against the door and so we could not easily open it.”Garway said with the help of two other residents, “We managed to break into the room and found Swaray jerking and unconscious with electric wires on him.” While Garway ran back for a stick to remove the live wires from Swaray’s body, Trokon rushed into the room and upon seeing “his boss jerking, he attempted to remove the wires with his bare hands. “But Trokon also received an electric shock and went down,” said Garway.  Meanwhile, not suspecting that Trokon’s life was also in danger, Swaray was whisked away to the JFK Medical Center before they realized that Trokon, who was also jerking, was dying.As fear for Trokon’s life increased, and everybody present was confused about what to do, someone suggested that pouring water on Trokon could help.  “Somebody brought water and wasted it on Trokon,” narrated Garway, “and suddenly the boy began to stretch as if life was leaving his body.” He said neighbors, including Trokon’s mother began to cry, pleading for help to revive him. As the situation seemed helpless, another suggestion was that the unconscious Trokon would need fresh milk to revive him, but after forcing a tin of milk into his mouth, he did not regain consciousness. The Daily Observer could not confirm the conditions of the two men up to press time.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *