Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A New Jersey woman who authorities were searching for when they discovered the Long Island Serial Killer’s dumping ground may have been murdered, contrary to Suffolk County investigators’ findings, her family’s attorney said.Shannan Gilbert, a sex worker who was reported missing in May 2010 and found dead near her last client’s Oak Beach home 20 months later, appears to have been choked to death, according to a second autopsy performed by Dr. Michael Baden, a retired New York City coroner and current Fox News Channel contributor.“There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with homicidal strangulation,” Baden wrote in the report of his autopsy performed before Gilbert was buried in Amityville last year. His findings are based on two missing “horns” on Gilbert’s u-shaped hyoid bone in her throat.The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office had said that her cause and manner of death was “undetermined.” Police have theorized that she was disoriented, wandered into the marsh her last client’s home, and drowned. Authorities have said the client, Joseph Brewer, is not a suspect in her death, but her family suspects that she is a victim of foul play by one of his then-neighbors, Dr. Peter Hackett, who has denied the accusations and since moved.“The police actually refused to pursue the investigation of the death of Shannan Gilbert,” her family’s attorney, John Ray, of Ray, Mitev & Associates, told reporters while flanked by Shannan’s mother and three sisters during a news conference Friday at his Miller Place office. “We think that that position needs to change.”Newly appointed Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy Sini announced recently that he is asking the FBI to take a fresh look at the case that Gilbert’s disappearance sparked—the discovery of 10 sets of remains along Ocean Parkway dumped by up to three killers. In response to Ray, Sini said his investigators will review Baden’s findings.Related Story: Red Herrings Among Tips in Serial Killer Case“Suffolk County detectives investigating the Gilgo Beach homicides requested to review the report supporting any contrary conclusion reached by Dr. Michael Baden, and the department is awaiting documentation,” Sini said in a statement.Later the same day, after receiving a copy of the report, Sini release a second statement.“It provides no additional information, and concludes, as did the Suffolk County Office of the Medical Examiner, that there is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death,” Sini said.Ray said that he is hopeful that Sini’s tenure will be more helpful than the past two police commissioners that have led the department since the case broke. But Ray said that Homicide Squad detectives still refuse to meet with him and his private investigator to discuss the evidence they’ve collected. Ray noted that the FBI has met with him to discuss the case.Police did not to respond to questions about Ray’s allegations that detectives have told witnesses not to talk to him. Ray noted that, barring a legal challenge from the county, he hopes to acquire the recording of Shannan’s 911 call next week.Shannan’s mother, Mari, said that her daughter did not know how to swim and would not have waded into a marsh on her own. She and her surviving daughters said that their frustration with how the case was handled prompted them to file a lawsuit against police and Hackett.“She was not perfect…but she does not deserve to be forgotten,” Mari said. “There’s too many coincidences to say that they’re not all related.”Suffolk County police ask anyone with information relating to this investigation to call 1-800-220-TIPS or visit www.tipsubmit.com. A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest in the Gilgo Beach murders.
The 20-year-old, who was on song in Kortrijks’s 2-2 away draw to Zulte-Waregem last weekend, polled 48 percent of the votes to beat Julien De Sart who polled 30 per cent and Lucas Tuta who polled 13 per cent. Besides the goals, Moffi’s speed and power have caught the eye of the fans, who have already warmed up to him. Read Also:Super-Sub Moffi bags man-of-the-match in BelgiumMoffi joined Kortrijk, who are 10th on the Jupiler Pro League table, on a three and a half year deal in January after he fired 20 goals for FK Riteriai in the Lithuanian top league last season. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The former FK Riteriai of Lithuania striker had earlier won the January gong after scoring two goals in four games and was named Man of the Match twice, including a memorable match where he helped KV Kortrijk’s come back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Club Brugge in his home debut.Advertisement Former Golden Eaglets striker Terem Moffi’s brilliant start to life in Belgium continued as he was voted Player for the month for the second straight month by fans of KV Kortrijk. Loading… Promoted ContentThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimePlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging33 Celebs Photos From Their Childhood: Will You Recognize Them?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Best Car Manufacturers In The World7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World
Edo Boy will take on the experienced Dele Lagelu in a national welterweight challenge bout.Edo Boy said he is looking forward to winning the cash prize again.“I won N1.5million in December, which was a special edition of GOtv Boxing Night. The sponsors added N500,000 to the money. This time, it is N1million and I am ready to win it. In fact, I am sure I will win it. As for my opponent, he is a good and experienced boxer, but he stands no chance. I plan to entertain the fans by prolonging the fight for a few rounds before doing what I did to my last opponent: knock him out,” he said.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Stanley “Edo Boy” national welterweight champion, has vowed to win the N1million cash prize and the Mojisola Ogunsanya Memorial Trophy for the best boxer at GOtv Boxing Night 8.Eribo was adjudged the best boxer at the December 2015 edition of GOtv Boxing Night, walking away with N1.5million, the biggest ever payout in domestic boxing.
The Menace, as he is fondly referred, did his bit leading from the front literally and he scored what would be the winning goal in added time of the first half to push the champions to 10 points after six rounds of matches.Gor Mahia Made changes from the squad that drew 1-1 against Mathare United last Sunday, three of them being across the backline. Philemon Otieno was not in the match day squad all together while Joash Onyango and Harun Shakava warmed up alone.They were replaced by Wellington Ochieng, Charles Momanyi and Pascal Ogweno who however could not last the opening half as he was substituted in the 43rd minute after a series of blunders.With Oliech earning a starting role ahead of Jacques Tuyisenge and skippering the side, Francis Mustafa also started up in attack with George ‘Blackberry’ Odhiambo also earning a slot in the starting team after returning from injury.-Oliech lead lineDennis Oliech in action against Posta Rangers at the Kasarani Stadium on January 9, 2019. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaK’Ogalo started on the front foot and came close in the sixth minute when Francis Kahata’s curling effort from the left rolled over the crossbar.On the other end, Brian Osumba had a brilliant shot from range which went inches over the bar, keeper Fred Odhiambo clearly caught off his guard.Gor continued dominating and in the 12th minute, Kahata rolled in an inviting cross from the left but Odhiambo who was approaching the six yard box could not give it the slightest touch it deserved as he was muscled off the ball by Jockins Atudo.Seven minutes later, Wellington Ochieng’s cross from the right found Mustafa at the edge of the box with the Burundian controlling beautiduly on his chest but the eventual effort on the volley went over the bar.Mustafa had another chance five minutes later when he adjusted his neck superbly to connect to a Kahata cross 10 yards off goal, but the effort angled at the top left corner was just off target.-Momanyi breaks deadlockGor Mahia defender Charles Momanyi wheels away in celebration after converting a goal during their Kenyan Premier League match against Posta Rangers at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on January 9, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluBut three minutes later, Gor were wheeling away in celebration. Shafik Batambuze’s corner from the right was not dealt with well and Momanyi who was at the goalmouth scrambled it in.Posta keeper Levis Opiyo was injured in the process after being knocked on the head as he went for the corner. After six minutes of stoppage he tried to get on with business but went down again few minutes later, and consequently substituted for Eliud Emase.Immediately after the change, Posta went back level, thanks to a gift of erroneous defending by Ogweno.The former Kariobangi Sharks man’s clearance was poor and blocked, and Brian Osumba race to it on the right.The former Tusker man floated a low cross into the box finding Francis Nambute who tapped in beautifully with a backheel.And immediately he erred, head coach Oktay frantically called down Joachim Oluoch to change and replace him immediately.Ogweno walked out from the extreme end of the pitch and didn’t even join the rest of his mates in the dressing room at half time.-Oliech goalGor Mahia striker Dennis Oliech goes down to celebrate his goal during their Kenyan Premier League match against Posta Rangers at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on January 9, 2018. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaBut, Gor kept the chase with nine minutes added on to the half.And it was only fitting that it was Oliech who would take them back up. The former Harambee Stars captain controlled the ball brilliantly inside the box from an Ochieng cross before shooting past Emase with his weaker left foot for his first goal for K’Ogalo.In the second half, Posta boss John Kamau went in for changes, Joseph Nyaga coming off for Ken Mutembei as he tried to add a bit of physicality in attack.But still, it was Gor who continued dominating the chances. Quarter of an hour into the half, Oliech came close to his second of the evening, but he arrived jus a fraction too late to meet up a weighty cross from Mustafa.Ten minutes later, the striker who was clearly rolling down the years tried his luck with a shot from range but it went wide as he looked to catch keeper Emase off his guard.-Posta chancesGor Mahia midfielder Lawrence Juma vies for the ball with Posta Rangers’ Jerry Santo during their Kenyan Premier League match at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on January 9, 2018. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaOn the other end, Posta too tried to pull in the chances and had Danson Kago force Peter Odhiambo into a good save at his near post off a shot from the right with Momanyi arriving in time to clear the rebound.Despite added pressure late in the game, Posta could not find a way past the watertight K’Ogalo defense.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Dennis Oliech is congratulated by teammates after scoring his first goal for Gor Mahia during a game against Posta Rangers at the Kasarani Stadium on January 9, 2019. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Jan 9 – Captain Dennis Oliech opened his Gor Mahia account as the record Kenyan Premier League champions bounced back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Posta Rangers at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on Wednesday evening.Oliech was handed his first start for Gor having come on as a sub over the weekend and was also named the match day captain.
Louis van Gaal 1 Louis van Gaal has mounted a staunch defence of his management style, insisting: “I am not a dictator – I am a communicator.”After accusations of rifts and a player mutiny in some quarters, Van Gaal came out fighting at his weekly press conference at Carrington on the eve of Manchester United’s home game against Liverpool.The 64-year-old admitted Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick came to him after the opening match of the season against Tottenham to air their concerns.The captain and vice-captain had become worried about morale within the squad and felt they had to transmit that to the manager.”Rooney and Michael Carrick came to me and said: ‘The dressing room is flat.’,” the Dutchman said.Van Gaal was irked by the fact that the story had leaked to the media.But there was no anger towards the players. In fact, the manager was happy his two most senior professionals approached him as he feels his working practices have now improved for the better.“It’s a positive thing that the players are coming to me and not only Carrick or Rooney, other players,” Van Gaal said.“But now it was Carrick and Rooney and that was alarming for me because they are the captains. That’s why I went to the dressing room.“But all the players are communicating with me. They are coming to my office. Believe me, it is like that. I am not a dictator – I am a communicator.“I have changed the way that I say the game-plan to them, for example. Now I ask in advance and they can say what they want. Most of the strategy is always the same because they like the way we have done it.“I went to the dressing room, analysed the situation for them to give it a place. After that the atmosphere was much better and after that we won again.”